Board of Directors Fundraising Committee Description
The PRCC Fundraising Committee is established by and accountable to the Board of Directors. Its primary role, under the guidance of the Deputy Director, is to lead the fundraising process.
Committee membership can include both board and non-board members; however, the committee chair should be a member of the board.
The Fundraising Committee should meet bimonthly and provide a report on activities at each Board of Directors meeting.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with staff in the design of an annual fund development plan to meet budgetary needs and present the plan to the board for approval.
• Monitor progress and effectiveness of fundraising efforts.
• Assist with the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors.
• Participate in donor relations and stewardship activities.
• Plan, attend, and/or host donor cultivation events and other significant organization events.
• Demonstrate leadership by making a meaningful gift to the organization that will motivate and encourage others to give generously.
• Ensure all Board members are participating in all fundraising efforts, including 100% board giving.
• Identify what the training needs are for each committee and Board as a whole and develop a plan for implementation.
• Recommend development policies, i.e. relating to gift acceptance policies such as bequests, planned gifts, or naming opportunities, to the board for approval.
• Review and help define the internal case statement.
• Provide input on other development materials as necessary.
• Review and make recommendations on special fundraising initiatives, such as campaigns, planned giving programs, donor recognition programs.
• Approve fundraising plan for major events (e.g. Fiesta Boricua, Peoples Parade), assist with raising funds and appoint sub-committees as needed.
• Create and oversee special subcommittees, as needed.
• Actively promote the organization in the community.