Seven Ways to Give to PRCC
You can put your money to work right away by donating through the above Paypal link. Or you can mail your check to:
Puerto Rican Cultural Center
2739 W. Division Street
Chicago, IL 60622
If you would like to make arrangements over the phone, please contact Juan Calderón, Chief Organizational Officer at 773-394-4935.
The Puerto Rican Cultural Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Become a Monthly or Quarterly Sustainer
Your gift of $10, $25 or $100 a month or a quarter is charged to your credit card, and adds up fast to make you one of our most stable sources of support! You can call Juan Calderón, Chief Organizational Officer, 773/394-9435 to set it up an account through the Puerto Rican Cultural Center.
Donate Stocks, Bonds or Real Property
By donating appreciated property to the Puerto Rican Cultural Center, you can receive a tax deduction for the current fair market value of the asset and avoid capital-gains tax. For more detailed information, contact Juan Calderón, Chief Organizational Officer, at 773-394-4935.
Celebrate or Remember Others
Recognize or remember someone special with a gift in their name. Celebrate a new union, special birthday or anniversary, or remember a dear one with a gift that honors their legacy and commitment to community-building, our youth work and future projects. Give online or send in a contribution.
Establish a Donor Directed Contribution
Opening a Donor Directed Contribution at the Puerto Rican Cultural Center is a simple, flexible way to manage your charitable giving. You bring your resources and your interest in our programs and community issues, and the Puerto Rican Cultural Center brings more than 42 years of building community rich in struggle.
Leave a Legacy for Social Change
Estate planning is a powerful way to express your values and vision for the future, and to care for your partner, family, and community. In order to ensure that your wishes are carried out,you should have a will.
With proper planning, you can make sure your wishes are fulfilled, possibly lower your estate tax, and also create powerful change. Here are some ways to give:
- Remember the Puerto Rican Cultural Center in your will. It is important to have a will, because without one, decisions about your estate will be made by the state. For more information about the importance of having a will, click here. For more information, please contact Juan Calderón, Chief Organizational Officer at email@example.com.
- Establish a Charitable Trust. Certain trust options may reduce your taxes now or in the future, while benefitting the Puerto Rican Cultural Center. Please check with your financial advisor.
- Donate Life Insurance. This affords a tax advantage while enabling you to give a larger gift than you might otherwise find possible.
- Name the Puerto Rican Cultural Center as a Beneficiary of a Retirement Plan. Contact Juan Calderón, Chief Organizational Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-394-4935 if you would like to discuss your any ideas or questions you have about leaving a legacy that will benefit the PRCC.
Introduce Friends, Colleagues and Others to the Puerto Rican Cultural Center
Sign up for our e-mail list and forward the messages you receive along to your friends. To discuss these ideas further, and explore other options, contact Juan Calderón, Chief Organizational Officer at email@example.com or 773-394-4935.
If you wish to donate to one of our listed programs, please include which in the memo:
- Urban Agriculture Program
- Safe Passage Program
- Affordable Care Act
- Esperanza Program
- Mental Health Services
- Latino Youth Action (L-Act)
- UIC- Integrated Paseo
- Women for Paseo
- Norwegian American Hospital – Integrated Paseo
- Vida/SIDA – Cicero
- Low Income Low Energy Assistance Program
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- El Rescate Transitional Living Program
- El Rescate Basic Center Program
- Centro Infantil