Outreach Vehicle Operator
The Outreach Vehicle Operator is responsible for driving and providing oversight to the outreach vehicle of the Public Health Initiatives of The Puerto Rican Cultural Center.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plays a key role in the implementation of the Public Health Initiatives Outreach Calendar.
· Supervises all PRCC medical van operation hours.
· Provides a daily report of incidents with the outreach vehicle.
· Attends all Public Health Initiatives Integration Meetings.
· Provides leadership for all safety measures inside the outreach vehicle.
· Ensures the proper use of the outreach vehicle by staff and clients.
· Attends The PRCC and program-specific and organizational activities and meetings, including but not limited to the monthly organization wide General Assembly.
· Participates in organizational annual events including but not limited to the Puerto Rican People’s Parade, Fiesta Boricua, Three Kings Day, Haunted Paseo Boricua.
· Performs other functions assigned
· Collaborates with other programs of the PRCC.
· Other duties as required.
This position requires compliance with all of PRCC’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct, all policies and procedures and Regulatory Compliance requirements. Compliance will be considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
· Supervise proper use of outreach vehicle by the staff.
· Chief Operating officer
· Public Health Initiatives Director
· All Program Staff
· Community Partners
WORKING CONDITIONS: OSHA Category 3 – Involves no regular exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, and tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues are not a condition of employment.
· Must possess Illinois Driver’s License Class C – to operate vehicles that weigh between 16,000 and 26,000 pounds.
· Bi-lingual preferred– verbal, reading, and writing (Spanish and English).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Works independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, nonjudgmental, open personal qualities, and clear sense of boundaries.
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested, please send your resume to Jesus Hernández Burgos at firstname.lastname@example.org